Food Handler Permits

The food service protection division works to provide education to food service workers and food service businesses in an effort to promote safe food handling and preparation practices. Individuals that work in facilities that prepare or serve food are required to obtain a Utah Food Handler Permit. Permits are obtained after successfully completing an in-person or on-line state approved training course.

Trainer-Led Classroom:

Weber Office:

Location: 477 23rd Street 2nd Floor, Ogden, UT 84401

Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays (except holidays): 9:00am & 2:30pm

Second and Fourth Tuesday (except holidays): 9:00am for Spanish class.

Please register online or call us at 801-399-7160. After registering online, please bring your payment at the Weber-Morgan Health Department on the Second Floor Room #200 the day of class.

Please do not bring children with you to class. Please arrive 10 minutes early and attend the entire 75-minute class. Exams will be offered immediately after training.

Morgan Office:

Location: 318 East 300 North, Morgan, UT 84050 (We are located inside the Northfront Business Resource Center.)

Classes are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10 am. Must register with our Ogden Environmental Health Division. Bring $25 with picture ID. Only cash or check are accepted.


$25 with picture ID is required day of class

Register here: Register for Food Handler Permit

Online Classroom:

The State of Utah approves online and onsite trainer-led courses. Please be aware, there are many online outlets claiming to offer Utah Food Handler cards at exhorbitant costs. Cards issued from sources not from approved provders from the State will not be accepted.

Download List of Approved Food Handler Training Providers in Utah

Once you have completed the online course successfuly, you will obtain a "Certificate of Completion" from the online vendor. This certificate is used in the place of the actual Food Handler Permit for a period of up to 30 days. During this period, the official permit will be processed and issued by the local health department jurisdiction wher the individual resides.

Need a Replacement?

Get a replacement for your food handler permit by contacting our office at (801) 399-7160.